Small garden ideas: how to create a cosy space
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a good book outdoors on a sunny day in your very own space. Here’s how to make it somewhere you love spending time:
- Plant flowers that bloom all year round. This will ensure there is some colour showing no matter what the month.
- Consider compact seating. Try hammocks or other fabric-based seating that can easily be folded away and stored inside when not in use.
- Think about lighting. Gardens are great places to enjoy at night. Outdoor lamps, fairy lights, or feature lighting can really help create a peaceful atmosphere.
- Paint a wall or fence. There’s nothing better than a pop of colour. Choose a bright hue and paint a feature wall.
- Add storage. Gardens need storage just like any room in the house. Opt for good quality, weather-proof boxes.